Nashville Homes Sales Increase - Nashville real estate sales increase 21% for the month, compared to December of last year. At first glance, this seems odd, but real estate includes Nashville condos (up 30%), land and lots (up 51%), and multi-family homes (up 48%). For all of year of 2012, Nashville homes sales were up 26%. The inventory of homes listed in the Nashville MLS is down 16% compared to the same time last year, surely causing the increase in median prices from $168,500 to $187,900 for single family homes, an increase of 11%.
- 1774 Nashville homes sold in December 2012 compared to 1502 last year, an increase of 18%
- the median sales price of Nashville homes sold was $187,900 compared to $168,600 last year
- 223 Nashville condos sold for the month compared to 171 last year
- the median sales price for Nashville condos increased 6.5% to $149,178
- year to date, 21,610 Nashville homes sold compared to 17,198 in 2011
- The inventory of Nashville homes available at year end was 9,115 compared to 10,574, a decrease of 16%
The bottom line to buyers and seller of Nashville real estate is this, sales are increasing, and the inventory of available homes continues to shrink. These market forces will cause prices to increase. It’s a good time to list your house if you’ve been thinking about it, but if you are a buyer, be aware that the market has changed, and the best houses move really fast.
Search for Nashville Homes or Nashville real estate here
See all Nashville Homes.
(all data current as of 3/8/2014)
$299,900 : 603 Rudolph Ave, Nashville2 beds, 1 full bathListed with Keller Williams Realty
$234,900 : 320 Old Hickory Blvd Apt 2912, Nashville3 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListed with Music City, REALTORS
$283,500 : 1805 5th Ave N, Nashville2 beds, 2 full bathsListed with Neal Clayton Realtors, LLC
$265,500 : 804 Waterloo Ct, Nashville3 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListed with Reliant Realty
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.